Last Modified: November 1, 2020
Our Services, including the Website, are offered to and intended for users who are 18 years of age or older, and reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions. By using the Services, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements to use the Services. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Services.
The Company is based in the state of Michigan in the United States and provides its Services, including the Website, for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Services, including the Website or any of its content, is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Overview of the Services
Our Services include the Website, which contains a web based platform that provides information relating to the Services provided by Company as well as a platform to verify the identity of individuals and bank account credentials.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website, or any other Services whether provided through the Website or otherwise, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users, including for reasons such as scheduled maintenance.
By using the Website, you are acknowledge that you are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of your user name, password, and other information relevant to our security procedures. You agree to not share your password with anyone else. We have the right to disable any username, password, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time, in our sole discretion.
- Immediately notifying us of any unauthorized access to or use of your account, or if you suspect any other unauthorized use or access in connection with our Services, including the Website.
- Securely logging out of your account after each session and using extra caution when using the Services or accessing the website from shared or public computers or networks.
- Acknowledging that, by using the Website, you understand and agree that Internet transmissions are never completely private or secure, and that any message or information you send to the Website may be read or intercepted by others, notwithstanding any notices regarding encryption.
- Agreeing that if you create a link to the Website, including by using social media features, that you will not suggest any affiliation, association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express written consent. You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission, or to disable any social media features and/or links, without notice in our discretion.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on our Website, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Services, including the Website.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
- You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Website or any Services or materials available through the Website. If you wish to make any use of material on the Services or Website other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company name, the terms “CertifID”, the Company logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Prohibited Uses of the Website
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which you do not own or have a license right in, or which is not related to receiving services from Company.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing, or any domain names that include the Company marks.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
- In any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website. You agree to not use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website, or use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- With use of any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website. You agree to not introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, distributed denial-of-service attacks, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- To attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You will not probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the Website, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Website or any network connected to the Site.
- To otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website. You will not reverse engineer or attempt to derive the source code of the Website. You will not decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise manipulate or work with the software or software architecture of the Website. You will not use any robot or any other automatic device and you will not use any manual process to monitor or to copy any information in the Site for any unauthorized purpose. You will not use any automatic device, software, or other routine to interfere with or attempt to interfere with the functioning of the Website. You will not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to CertifID on or through the Website or any service offered on or through the Website. You will not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
User Contributions to the Website
The Website may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and related information, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Website. Except for any information provided during creating an account or under any other Agreement, including any End User License Agreement or Statement of Work and CertifID Platform Terms & Conditions, any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
By submitting a User Contribution, you represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns.
- You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have fully responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
Unless otherwise agreed in an End User License Agreement or Statement of Work and CertifID Platform Terms & Conditions, we are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Website.
User Contributions: Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
Content Standards for User Contributions
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website includes content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on the Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we make no representation as to the currentness of any material on the Website.
Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use and/or privacy policies for such websites.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website, in from any of our other Services, will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. YOU USE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE, AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR FROM US OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES AND WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICES, THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE SERVICES, WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND WEBSITE AND ANY LINKED SITES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST COMPANY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICES, WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICES, WEBSITE OR ANY SUCH CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE UPON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES, WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, OR ANY OTHER SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND ARBITRATION AGREEMENT
BY USING THE SERVICES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE, YOU AGREE AND CONSENT TO SUBMIT ANY SUCH CLAIM, DISPUTE, OR CONTROVERSY OF ANY KIND TO BINDING ARBITRATION, UNLESS OTHERWISE CONSENTED TO IN WRITING BY COMPANY. ALL SUCH DISPUTES SHALL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION ON A CONFIDENTIAL BASIS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR PROVISIONS ON CONSUMER ARBITRATION RULES (ACCESSIBLE AT WWW.ADR.ORG OR BY CALLING 1-800-778-7879).
Waiver of Class and Collective Actions. You further agree that any arbitration conducted pursuant to the Arbitration Agreement shall be conducted on an individual basis only and not as a class, collective, or representative action. YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A CLASS OR COLLECTIVE ACTION OR SEEK RELIEF ON A CLASS OR COLLECTIVE BASIS. If any court or arbitrator determines that this waiver of class or collective actions is invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such determination shall not impact the validity or enforceability of any other provision of the Arbitration Agreement and this waiver of class or collective actions shall be modified so it becomes valid and enforceable unless it must be excised as a matter of law.
Waiver and Severability
Please direct feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Services to us at: email@example.com or by mail at CertifID LLC, 1410 Plainfield Ave. Grand Rapids, MI 49505.
All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to Company’s Copyright Agent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to CertifID LLC, c/o Copyright Agent, 1410 Plainfield Ave. NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505.
Please include the following information in your correspondence to the Copyright Agent:
- Your name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number.
- A description of the copyrighted work or works that you claim has been infringed with enough information to allow us to locate the material.
- A description of why you think an infringement has taken place.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law and that you declare under penalty of perjury that the information in your dispute is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf, accompanied by an electronic or physical signature.